Hello Peeps! For all of you fitness freaks out there, this post will be dedicated to introduce to you the Ultimate Body Fitness Guide from BodyBoss which I’ve been using. There are so many fitness programs out there and not easy to decide which one of these are worth the money and it’s actually suitable for your goals. So I thought, why not try out the BodyBoss fitness guide and give you a quick review and my opinions about it for those in doubt. Hopefully this will help you decide if it is something for you.
The Body Boss Method is a highly structured, 12-week program of fun and challenging high intensity workouts. All you need is 24 mins a day, 3 times a week!
What do you get?
You will receive a 12-week fitness guide book, which comes with a bonus 4-week pre-training program. The pre-training program is an introduction to the actual program, to prep your body (especially if you are a beginner) and ease you slowly into the real deal. In the fitness guide, you will find clear instructions and graphics on how to perform each workout, including warm-ups and cool-downs. The training program consists of 4 cycles of 3 weeks. The workouts will become more challenging as you proceed with the cycles. The fitness guide also includes a Body Goals Worksheet where you can track your progress as well as tips for losing weight, boosting your metabolism and more.
The fitness guide also comes in a online edition which you can access anytime, anywhere on your phone, tablet or laptop. If you’d like something more engaging, you’ll like this version with interactive GIFs to guide you through each exercise form.
The exercises range from bodyweight exercises, to resistance training, to plyometric exercises (jumping etc), cardio and unilateral exercises. Power-up workouts are also included on Fridays – they are 6 min explosive workouts where you work your body at 100% effort. Detailed explanations of stretches are included to guide you through proper warm-up and cool-down.
The workouts are fun and engaging, perfect for busy women like me and you! The best part, it can be done in the backyard, in your hotel room, on the beach or even in your bedroom; anywhere you have a spare 24 minutes. There’s minimal fitness equipment needed, and no expensive gym memberships or tricky apps.
What do I think?
- The constant change of exercises bring a lot of variety into the program, making it really fun to workout.
- The exercises can be completed everywhere, no gym or equipment needed.
- The physical guide book is very visual and very easy to read. Or you can get the online version for interactive GIF reference if you need.
- The exercises and guidelines are easy to follow and the 4-week pre-training program is especially great for beginners that are new to these exercises.
- It is very suitable for beginners as the program is built up in a way that the workouts become more challenging as you progress with the program.
- Great to slim down and tone up.
- Can be used in combination with a weight training routine.
- Great for learning how to perform exercises, which can later be used with weights to increase the intensity.
- You’ll also activate what is known as the afterburn effect – the #BossEffect. This means a higher resting metabolic rate and more calories burned post-workout. You’ll burn fat even while you sleep! Love it!
How I use the BodyBoss Program:
If you are more advanced and have experience with fitness it is possible to combine this program with weight training. I personally combine 3 days of weight training in the gym with 3 days of HIIT training from the BodyBoss fitness program.. The 24 min HIIT training can be either done after your weight training session or on another day. The HIIT training formula will ensure that you do not break down the muscle as much as it would during steady state cardio such as jogging. Therefore it is a great way to combine it with weight training. Just remember to do it after because you need most of the energy for lifting the weights.